PA meeting 8th April 2019
Attendance: J. Creggy, O. Doris, B. Higgins, L. Brown, S. Mellett, C. Carroll, M. Coughlan, M. McArdle, H. Kelly, C. Stenson.
Apologies: A. Galvin, O. Quinn, T. Collis, P. Fox, S. Fox.
- Communications – move to email communications appreciated by committee. Seesaw app to be used by teacher of 4th and 5th Class.
- PA Newsletter – to be finalised and emailed to parents before Easter break.
- National Parents Council training – sessions for parents of children starting school and transitioning to post-primary to be organised before end of school year. Training for parents’ association, anti-bullying, internet safety etc. to be organised for next school year.
- Communion 11th May at 12pm – videographer yet to be retained.
- Fun Run – Sunday 26th May at 11am. Posters, numbers to be ordered.
- Next meeting to be held at earlier time of 8.30pm.
Next meeting Tuesday 7th May 2019 @ 8.30pm
PA meeting 11th March 2019
Attendance: J. Creggy, O. Doris, A. Galvin, C. Carroll, P. Fox, M. McArdle, C. Stenson.
Apologies: S. Mellett, H. Kelly, M. Coughlan, B. Higgins, T. Collis, L. Brown, L. Ryan, T. Collis, A. McDonald.
- Child Safeguarding Statement recently reviewed by Board of Management and available on school website. GDPR Guidelines also on website.
- Thank you to PA for book vouchers for World Book Day.
- Extra-curricular activities – Modern Dance and Basketball classes going well. Learnit STEM workshops for Senior Infants, First & Second classes to commence this term. Gymnastics for Junior infants. Toys/equipment ordered. Consider Tin Whistle lessons for next year. Possibility of holding Book Fair or setting up Book Club discussed – staff to be consulted.
- Confirmation 6th April – uniforms to be worn this year. Survey to go out in September re. robes for next year to parents and children.
- Communications – Class Dojo app. suggested one teacher could pilot. Agreed emails preferable to notes in schoolbags.
- Communion 11th May at 12pm – photographer and videographer to be booked. Agreed no treat bags this year – cupcakes for each child with name and cross to be organised instead.
- Fun Run – Sunday 26th May.
- PA Newsletter to be drafted for next meeting.
- Careers week – parental involvement to be sought.
Next meeting Monday Monday 8th April 2019 @ 9pm
PA meeting 14th January 2019
Attendance: J. Creggy, O. Doris, A. Galvin, M. Coughlan, S. Mellett, C. Carroll, S. Fox, A. Daly.
Apologies: C. Stenson, M. McArdle, B. Higgins, L. Brown, O. Quinn, L. Ryan, T. Collis, H. Kelly.
- Thank you expressed from staff to PA for all the work for events before Christmas, ie. Draw, Garda band visit & Santa’s visit.
- Extra-curricular activities – Modern Dance classes commenced for all classes. Basketball commenced for 3rd to 6th class. Hockey very successful – consider full term for next year. Learnit STEM workshops booked for Senior Infants, First & Second classes. Rinka classes for Junior Infants to be arranged. Toys/equipment to be purchased for all classes.
- Grandparents Day Friday 1st February – service in church @11.30a.m.. Catering to be provided.
- Communications – possibility of use of Class Dojo app discussed. New GDPR guidelines affect how and what information is shared. Staff to be consulted on best way to communicate/provide information to parents.
- Confirmation to be held on 6th April – possibility of PA purchasing robes discussed. Agreed PA rep. on Board of Management to raise this at next BOM meeting. If approved by BOM, staff and parents would then be consulted.
Next meeting Monday 11th March 2019 @ 9pm
Parents’ Association Meeting 7th December 2018
- Christmas draw
- Extra curricular activities – funding approved for Rinka (Junior Infants), Learnit workshops (Senior Infants, First & Second classes) and toys/equipment for all classes.
- Army band visit 12th Dec @ 10.30am – tea, coffee, sandwiches etc to be provided.
- Santa’s visit Thurs 20th Dec
Results of Christmas draw held on 7th Dec 2018
P.A. Meeting 6th November 2018
- Data Protection Privacy Statement for Parents, Guardians and Pupils.
- Uniform tracksuit – result of survey to retain grey tracksuit.
- Clothes collection
- Santa’s visit
- Army band to visit on 12th Dec at 11.45am – catering to be provided.
- Extra curricular activities
- Christmas draw
- Christmas carol service 11th Dec
P.A. Meeting 9th October 2018
- Treasurer’s Report
- Halloween walk – Fri morning 27th Oct. Treats for 243 students. Bag packing Thurs @ 9.30am Joe, Beatrice, Olga, Helen, Angela, Alice. Beatrice to order drinks, crisps & sweets, Anne to order bags, Olga to consult Nuala re treats for students with allergies.
- Christmas draw – Fri 7th Dec @ 8pm in school. Joe to apply for Garda permit, Michelle to order cards (250), Anne to order envelopes.
- Christmas carol service – consider recording cd – include song by infants. Sandra to price for next meeting.
- Communications – new website – calendar to be updated – include dates for events, bag collections, parent teacher meetings etc. More notice for bag collections in future.
- Uniform tracksuit – letter to be sent to all parents with two options – keep grey or change to navy.
- Confirmation robes – Beatrice to provide pictures for next meeting
Next Meeting 6th November 2018 9 pm
A.G.M. P.A. Meeting 25th Sept. 2018
Chairperson: Joe Creggy.
Secretary: Olga Doris.
Treasurer: Beatrice Higgins.
Junior Infants: Sandra Julian and Tracey Collis
Senior Infants: Michelle Mc Ardle and Lorna Brown.
1st Class: Paula Fox
2nd: Angela Mc Donald.
3rd Class: Michelle Coughlan.
4th Class: Anne Galvin.
5th Class: Claire Stenson.
6th Class: Diana Lynch.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 9th October 2018 9p.m.
P.A. Meeting 3rd May 2018
Feedback from First Holy Communion and party.
P.A. to purchase set of hockey sticks for school.
Fun Run 27th May: jobs allocated.
Copy of Child Safeguarding Statement distributed to all at the meeting.
Next Meeting 21st May 2018
P.A. Meeting 9th April 2018
First Holy Communion: photographer, videographer and catering on the day.
5K Fun Run.
Next Meeting 1st May
Below are the links to Internet Safety following the talk in the school earlier in the year:
Parental Controls on your Internet Browser
Most internet browsers offer free parental controls/restrictions to help manage what sites your child can access when online.
Parental Controls on Search Engines
Search engines play a big part in what we look at online so it is important to help manage the types of content your child can come across when searching for something online.
RTÉ have a dedicated channel app which is a great source of video content for children including videos, games, TV shows and more.
Netflix parental controls consist of four maturity levels:
- Little Kids
- Older Kids
For more info go to: help.netflix.com/264
Parental Controls on Game Consoles
In many households gaming can be just as popular or even more popular than spending time online, so it is just as important to protect our children when gaming.
The most popular consoles all offer free parental controls and easy step by step guides to setting them up.
Nintendo Wii: support.nintendo.com/parent
Ninetendo DS: nintendo.com/parents
P.A.. Meeting 7th Dec. 2017
- Christmas Draw took place(list of winners below)
- Santa Visit:Selection packs & dietary requirements ready
- Meeting @9.30 that morning
- Basketball & Hockey fees being paid by PA
- Newsletter Sharon to Prepare
1.Hamper :Margaret Lynch
2.Grocery voucher :Irene Dolan
3.Meat Voucher:Merlo Toerien
4.Meat Voucher:Eva Seery
5.Gin Hamper:Martin Crowe
6.Brandy&Biscuits:Mary Mc Carthy
7.Whiskey& Sweets:Evie Campbell
8.Cake& Pudding:Matthew Walsh
9.Mini Hamper:Brian Kelly
10.Wine Hamper:Eva Grace Cully
Cuddly Toy :Nadine Hamm
Voucher 1:Amy Moulder
Voucher 2:Katie Ann Mc Hugh
voucher 3:Ciara Lappin
P.A. Meeting 6th Nov.2017
- Christmas raffle
- Santa’s visit.
- Christmas treats.
Next Meeting 7th Dec. 9 pm. Raffle will take place at this meeting.
P.A. Meeting 23rd Oct 2017
- Hallowe’en Walk at 10 am Friday 27th Oct.
- Treats for children.
- Christmas Draw 7th Dec. at 9pm
- Responsibility for organising Raffle cards, Garda Permit and prizes discussed.
Next Meeting 6th Nov. 2017
A.G.M. P.A. Meeting 2nd Oct.2017
New committee elected.
- Chairperson: Joe Creggy
- Assistant Chairperson: Sam Fox
- Secretary: Helen Delaney
- Assistant secretary: Olga Doris.
- Treasurer: Beatrice Higgins
- Assistant treasurer: Helen Kelly.
- Junior Infants: Alice Daly and Kelly Dolan
- Senior Infants: Sam Fox, Edel Horan and Angela Mc Donald
- 1st Class: Claire Carroll and Dominic Conway.
- 2nd Class: Therese Malone and Paula Fox.
- 3rd Class: Anne Galvin.
- 4th Class: Claire Stenson.
- 5th Class: Marie Seery.
- 6th Class: Sharon Higgins.
Meetings will be held on the second Monday of each month at 9 pm.
Next meeting to arrange Hallowe’en parade and treats Monday 23rd Oct. 9 pm.
P.A. Meeting 16th May, 2017
- 5K Run
- First Communion Party
P.A. Meeting 14th March 2017
- Army Band.
- 5k Run.
- Couch to 5k.
- First Holy Communion.
- ICT contribution.
Next meeting 24th April 2017
P.A. Meeting 24th January 2017
- Grandparents’ Day
- Child Protection Policy review.
- ICT .
Next Meeting 7th March 2017
Result of Christmas Raffle:
PRIZE WINNER SELLER
Attendees :E Horan, O Doris, S Doolan, T Malone, J Creggy, C Carroll, S Higgins Hamm, A Galvin, B Higgins, H Delaney
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 8th November 2016
BOM New vote to elect Mothers’ Parent Rep.
Council letter re road situation.
Raffle cards to be sent out
Cards returned by 29th Nov.
Draw to take place 5th December 9 pm.
Santa’s visit to the school Wednesday 21st Dec.
Quote re up grading Computer room
Next Meeting 5th December
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 4th Oct. 2016
Hallowe’en Walk Friday 28th Oct..
Christmas Draw provisional date Dec. 5th.
Anne to get list of families.
Joe to sort permit.
Sharon to order raffle cards.
Cards to be distributed Nov. 9th
Irish Dancing lessons.
Next meeting 9 pm 8th November.2016.
A.G.M. 20th Sept.2016
New committee elected
Chairperson: Joe Creggy
Assistant Chairperson: Sharon Hamm
Secretary; Helen Delaney
Assistant Secretary: Olga Doris
Assistant Treasurer: Marie Seery
Parents’ rep on B.O.M.: Sean Doolan.
Junior Infants: Edel Horan, Alice Daly, Nuala O Connell and Kartigayan Kanason
Senior Infants: Helen Kelly and Clare Carroll
1st: Therese Malone
2nd: Anne Galvin.
3rd: Claire Stenson.
4th: Suzanne O Shaughnessy and Martina Brady.
5th: Sharon Hamm.
Next meeting 4th October 9pm.
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 24th May 2016
Final arrangements for the Fun Run on Sunday 29th May.
Green Flag on Bio- diversity awarded to school.
End of year treat for Confirmation Class.
Personalised Christmas cards to go ahead.
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 4th May 2016
First Communion Party
Fun Run Sunday 29th May.
Letter from BOM to Council re traffic situation with input from P.A.
New notice boards in place.
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 5th April 2016
First Communion Party
Couch to 5K.
5K Fun Run Sunday 29th May
Code of Behaviour Policy
Notice Boards for School Hall.
Clothes Collection 28th April.
Concerns over traffic situation.
Next meeting 4th May
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 1st March 2016
Revised Healthy School Policy. Any comments etc. to be made before B.O.M. meeting 8th March
World Book Day Prizes.
Clothes collection 28th April.
Active Week 18th-22nd April
Sports Day22/04/2016. Volunteers needed.
5K Fun Run Provisional date 29th May
Couch to 5K four week training leading up to the run.
First Communion 7th May.
Next meeting 5th April.
Agreed Report P.A. meeting 10th Nov. 2015
Drama classes subsidised by P.A.
Christmas Raffle.Raffle Cards out, Please sell.
Venue for draw: at end of committee meeting in December.
Visit of Santa to the school on the 21st Dec.
Army Band for Dec 16th in Community Hall at request of Army Band.
Agreed Report P.A. Meeting 10th June 2015
â€‹Preparations for 5K Fun Run Sunday 14th June. All welcome. Please support
End of year School newsletter.
A.G.M. 16th September 2015.
Clothes collection Friday 19th June.
Unwanted uniforms in good condition to be left into school for Friday 19th June.
End of year mass 23rd June 11am.
Communion photos available in Dolan’s Pharmacy.
Agreed Report P.A. meeting 14th April 2015
Couch to 5/10k-Parents’ Association Fun Walk in conjunction with couch to 5/10 k.
Communion party arranged 9th May. Donation of buns etc. would be greatly appreciated from any parent who would be willing to drop them into the school either on Friday 8th May or the morning of the 9th May.
Next meeting 5th May 9p.m.
Agreed Report from Parents’ Association 24th FEb. 2015
Second Hand book and bag sale 3rd and 5th March, Rota agreed.
Parents’ Association sponsoring vouchers for Reading Awareness Week.
Ideas for Grandparents’ Day 2016 discussed.
Clothes collection 25th March.
Next meeting 14th April.
Agreed Report from Parents’ Association Meeting 3rd February 2015
Preparation for First Holy Communion is under way.
Parents’ Association getting book vouchers for Reading Awareness Week.
Parents’ Association to fund ingredients for Cookery classes in 6th class.
Recycled Clothes collection 25th March 2015.
Second hand books/handbags/unused games etc. sale will take place in the school on the 4th and 5th March to coincide with World Book Day.
Next meeting 3rd March.
Results of Parent Association Christmas Raffle 2014
Parents’ Association Christmas Raffle Results
1st Prize Christmas Hamper – Liz Gillivan
2nd Prize Supervalu Voucher – John Donnellon
3rd Prize Meat Voucher – Rian Murray
4th Prize Meat Voucher – Darren Hickey
5th Prize Meat Voucher – Tara Rowlands
6th Prize Wine Hamper – Lauren Craig
7th Prize Brandy and Biscuits – Paul Ryan
8th Prize Whiskey and Sweets – Teresa Ryan
9th Prize Cake and Pudding –Sinead Donnellan
10th Prize Mini Hamper – John Campbell
10th Prize Cuddly Toy – Lauren Craig
11th Hair Voucher – Terry Mahony
Promoters Prize Supermacs Vouchers – Samuel Reese Collis, Aine O’Brien, Ciaran Mc Cormack
Wooden Jigsaw – Catherine Gallagher, Amy Moulder
Results of Parent Association Christmas Raffle 2013
– Christmas Hamper – Maggie Mackey
– Grocery Voucher – Sandra Jemel Janova
– Meat Voucher – Anto Geoghegan
– Meat Voucher – Olga Adamson
– Meat Voucher – Carmel Mackey
– Wine Hamper – John Murray
– Brandy and Biscuits – Campbell Family
– Whiskey and Sweets – Aine O’Brien
– Cake and Pudding – Vincent Henry
– Mini Hamper – Patrick Geoghegan
– Cuddly Toy and Hair Voucher – Gráinne Geoghegan –
– Supermacs Vouchers – Nathan Buckley and Therese Mc Cormack
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting December 10th 2013
– Final arrangements made for Christmas Raffle
– Arrangements made for Santa Visit on Wednesday 18th December
– Arrangements made for provosion of refreshments for Army band on December 19th.
– Christmas Newsletter to be issued on Thursday 19th December.
Next Meeting January 14th 2014 at 9pm
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting November 5th 2013
– Army Band confirmed for December 19th.
– Santa visit will be organised for last week of term.
– Christmas Raffle will take place on December 12th. Raffle card will be issued to each family during the week of Nov 11th – 15th.
– Christmas newsletter to be issued.
Next Meeting – December 10th 2013 at 9pm.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting October 8th 2013
– Halloween Dress Up Walk and treats will take place on Oct 25th .
-Clothes Collection will take place on October 22nd.
– Arrangements made for Christmas Raffle
– Army Band booked for December 19th at 11.30am
Next Meeting Nov 5th 2013 at 9pm
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday June 4th 2013
-Clothes Collection to take place on June 26th
– PA Subsidised Basketball throughout the year.
-Thanks were expressed to all who helped in any way for the First Communion party.
-AGM was fixed for Wed Sept 18th 2013 at 8pm in School Hall.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday May 7th 2013
– Final preparations were made for first Communiom Party
Agreed report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday April 9th 2013
-Preparation for 1st Communion Party, anyone willing to assist or supply buns, sandwiches etc (no cream) greatly appreciated
– Food Dudes Next Generationprogramme from 10 April fpr 16 days, parents involved with this.
-School Active Week 15th – 19th April -Parental involvement encouraged.
-Next Meeting May 7th 2013at 9pm.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday March 12th 2013
– Active Week April 15th – 19th 2013 – Parent participation required on the Friday
– World Book Day was very successful. PA sponcered prizes for Dress Up and Reading Awareness
– Parents Assocition agreed to help out with Food Dudes Programme starting in April
– First Holy Communion will take place on May 11th 2013. Parents required to helpwith Refreshments
– Cyber Bullying Workshop/Talk, (part funded by PA) received positive feedback
– Next Meeting 9th April 2013 at 9pm
Agreed Report fromParent Association Meeting Tuesday December 11th 2012
– Selection Boxes have been purchased
– Santa’s visit confirmed for Thursday Dec 20th at 9.45am
– Parents to set up Hall on Wed at 2.30 and to help out on Thursday morning
– Caroline to update committee re recycling and Christmas Card Fundraising
– Army Band unavailable this year
– Next Meeting 15th January 2013 at 8pm
Agreed Report fromParent Association Meeting Tuesday November 13th 2012
– Venue confirmed for Christmas raffle for Thursday 13th December at 22.30 in P.Egans.
– Newly designed Christmas Raffle cards were approved, they will be distributed in the next week.
– Selection Boxes price agreed
– Arrangements made for Army Band and Santa visit for Christmas.
– Next meeting arranged for Tuesday 11th Dec 2012
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday October 9th 2012
-Halloween Dress-Up Day confirmed for October 26th 2012. PA to supply goodie bags.
-Clothes collection confirmed for October 26th.
-PA have paid for PM+ library Books for Literacy Lift Off Programme.
-PA Christmas Raffle to be held. More details in November Report.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday June 12th 2012
-Uniform Sale to go ahead on Thursday, June 21st 2-4pm and 7-8pm.
– PA to fund Literacy Lift Off books in September.
– Newsletter to be distributed on Tuesday 19th June.
– AGM will take place on 11th september 2012 at 8pm.
– Used Clothes Collection will take place at Halloween.
– The PA thank all those who helped in any way towards the Communion Party.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday May 8th 2012
– Uniform sale to go ahead in late June
– Newsletter to be issued in June
– Communion Party details discussed and finalised.
– BOM/Teacher’s Report discussed
– Next meeting June 12th at 8.30pm
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday April 17th 2012
– €340 raised from Easter Clothes Collection
– Uniform Swap to proceed in June. Date to be confirmed.
– It was agreed that 2 newsletters per year was sufficient; Christmas and End of Year
– Communion Party was discussed. Food, DVD, Photography and decor agreed on. Arrangements to be finalized at May meeting.
– Next meeting May 8th at 8.30pm.
Agreed Report from Parent Association Meeting Tuesday March 13th 2012
– Book Sale was held on March 1st by 6th Class and Proceeds went to Charity.
– Next Used Clothes Collection to be organised for March 30th.
– First Communion Party confirmed for 26th May. Details to be discussed at next meeting. Help will be required for catering and on the day.
– WSE Verbal Report was discussed.
– Next Meeting will be Tues April 17th 2012 at 8.30pm