Parents Association Committee
St Brigid’s Primary School, Moate, Co. Westmeath
Meeting Date: 06/11/2023 Time: 20:45 Location: School Canteen
Attendance: C. Gillivan; A Wingfield Bastic (Chair), S Mellett (Treasurer), E Doyle (Secretary), M
Nugent, C Simpson, S. Bennett, E Cearra, Ivana
The meeting was chaired by A Wingfield Bastic, minutes from the last meeting were reviewed. PA were thanked for treats and parents were thanked for all their efforts for the Halloween Parade.
The school were also thanked for committing to go ahead with the parade despite the water shortage on the day.
– PA Meetings – – It was agreed that the Parents Association would meet on the first Monday each month at 8pm sharp. The next meeting will take place on Monday 4th December 2023. All are welcome.
– Calendar of events for 2023/2024 –
– Army Band have been booked for 19 th December 2023 at 11am.A venue is to be confirmed. CG will contact the secondary school to see if they can facilitate the performance this year. PA to arrange tea/coffee sandwiches – depending on location if required a note can be sent to parents asking for volunteers.
– Christmas Charities – It was confirmed that the children will have a Christmas Jumper day on the same day as the Late Late Toy show. Avril will do a flyer for the school. The date for Jumper Day will be Friday 24 th November 2023. Donations will be €2 per child or €5 per family. All proceeds collected will be used to purchase toys to donate to Crumlin Childrens
Hospital. Each Class will pick a toy from a list and it is hoped that the children can make a
giant Christmas card or picture to go with the toys. This is to be confirmed.
– Santa Visit – This will take place on Wednesday 20th December 2023 at 10am.
Each child will receive a selection box from Santa (This has been confirmed by his Elves).
PA will arrange Christmas Tree, fake presents for Santa’s grotto. 4-5 Elf helpers will be
required to take photos and bring the children from each class to Santa’s grotto. PA will
investigate the price of treats (240 mini boxes) from local Cash n Carry / larger Grocery
– School Christmas Carol Services will take place as follows: –
1st Class to 6th Class will perform in St Patrick’s Church on Tuesday 5th December.
Performance will take place at 7pm.
– Junior Infants and Senior Infants in Tuar Ard on Thursday 14th December 2023.
There will be separate performances to facilitate parents. At least one during the day
and one in the evening (7-8 pm).
If there are any volunteers to make Angel outfits all offers would be welcomed.
– Christmas Raffle 2023
The Christmas raffle will also take place on Wednesday 20th December 2023 in the
school. The format this year will be sponsorship cards with lines of 20. €1 per line.
The PA will ask local businesses to donate prizes and a separate list has been issued to
the PA attendees at the meeting. A separate sellers prize will be organised.
Avril will print out 180 (+20 additional) sponsorship cards, each card will have a number
and this number will be recorded. Siobhan will arrange a permit from the Guards for a value in prizes of €500.
– Other Activities:
– DanceZone has commenced for 6 weeks.
– Basketball with Paddy Mullaly will commence in January 2024 and run to Easter for Senior Classes (10 weeks)
– Grandparents day will take place this year. Date to be confirmed. St Brigid’s Day falls on Thursday 1st February 2024. PA will need to organise Tea/Coffee Biscuits
– Holy Communion is on May 1st 2024. Girls School are 1 pm, Boys School are 11 am. PA to discuss if a party will be organised at the first meeting in 2024.
– Confirmation is on 15th March 2024.
CG mentioned the new prefabricated room is not opened yet
PA Membership fee has been paid.
Sandra Mellett will look into who is receiving bank details for the PA bank accounts. This will facilitate the PA to lodge/withdraw money etc.
With no further business the meeting ended.